Friday, February 14, 2020
Join supporters of Mountainside Baroque on Valentine’s Day for a rollicking evening of Renaissance music and entertainments, food and beverage tastings, a multi-course dinner and your best chance to play the courtier. That’s right, this is a costume-optional party where every guest has a seat at the palace!
Early brass horns resound from the bedecked halls of the Cumberland Masonic Center as you whet your appetite with tastings of food and beverages befitting the occasion. But partake lightly here. For soon you’ll join a procession of royals and rogues to convey the groaning board, whereupon rest a whole roast pig and accompaniments fit for the king. Dig in as the music continues, now more dulcet on the ear. As your repast eases into grand desserts, our band of featured musicians and troubadours performs romantic music from that most delicious period, the Renaissance. Then enjoy a reading of love poems and sonnets and a country dance demonstration. The players will make way for you on the dance floor before we bid farewell.
All proceeds benefit Mountainside Baroque, a volunteer-run 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization. Buy tickets here.
• A grand party for romantics and early music lovers
• Feast of suckling pig, turkey, “fruity beef,” all the trimmings and more
• Fine libations of mead, ale and wine
• Renaissance music, dance and setting
• Attire: costume encouraged, finery welcome
• $125 per person, all inclusive (except costume)
• Benefit for Mountainside Baroque
PLEASE VISIT US AGAIN FOR MORE DETAILS — COSTUME IDEAS, MENUS, AND MORE!